A growing number of variants, changed manufacturing conditions and new network structures call for the optimization or redesign of warehouses. Another reason for warehouse planning is the need to introduce a higher degree of automation with more efficient processes. A third reason are warehouse structures that become outdated over time, which are often combined with outsourced logistics services and in-house structures.
During warehouse planning, factors that are specific to a certain industry such as cooling, batch management or adherence to the first-in-first-out principle need to be considered. A large number of sales channels, particularly for retail and e-commerce, also serve to create complexity.
Customized and cost-optimized warehousing structures
Through a holistic approach to warehouse planning, 4flow works together with customers to achieve results including:
- Short-term reduction of logistics costs by identifying and implementing optimization potentials
- Long-term reduction of logistics costs and space requirements by developing and implementing a strategic target
- Optimal layouts, warehouse structures and picking strategies
- Optimized resource usage by way of intelligent automation concepts based on decision making documents, business cases and tenders for warehouse technology and equipment
- Reduced complexity and costs through consolidation of warehouse structures
- Reduced inventory in supply chain and warehousing
- Reduced logistics costs for handling and warehousing services in the context of re-tendering
We look forward to hearing from you.