Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are often an integral part of a successful growth strategy. Synergy potentials offer the opportunity to reduce a portion of the costs and make business more profitable. Yet, what sounds so simple proves complex and expensive to implement. Organizations and their processes must be brought together, their systems integrated, and their value chains unified.
In order to make a decision about a transaction, it helps to first get a realistic picture about potential synergies. These are often overestimated, and once you have decided on the transaction, it has already started. Processes and structures from different businesses need to be standardized and business areas must be combined organizationally. For businesses with global supply chains, optimal consolidation from both the physical and organizational perspective is essential for the success of post-merger integration. The same applies when supply chain costs make up a significant proportion of the total cost.
Considering physical and organizational aspects
4flow helps companies identify the synergy potentials of a merger. The focus here is on value chains and the supply chain, from both a physical and organizational perspective. 4flow also supports with the operational implementation afterwards.
Benefits for 4flow customers:
- Realistic identification of merger potentials with a focus on logistics and supply chain management
- Optimized integration of purchased products and supply chain networks (locations, systems, processes, shipments and logistics service providers)
- Definition of target organization following a merger
- Optimal planning of processes and IT systems
- Optimal planning for merger locations (material flow, layout, plant, equipment and staff)
- Implementation planning of post-merger integration
- Implementation support and change management
We look forward to hearing from you.